Thursday, March 28, 2013

Feature and Follow #13

8474595901 873f4993f4 Feature & Follow #139


What is Feature and Follow you ask? Why it is this fabulous meme that connects bloggers to other bloggers all while increasing our following. Hosted by two very talented bloggers: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read make sure you join in on the fun and put your name in the Linky!


Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book--And how did you react?

A: I think that the earliest emotional scene I remember reading was from Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. I don't remember the exact scene that tore my heart to pieces all I remember is that being the first book to make me cry, and not a nice quiet cry, the ugly snot cry. I know I broke  when he crushed the mouse with his hand, but I also know that the entire book broke me. I also read a ton of books on WWII when I was in eighth grade that also broke my heart. I don't remember the names of all of them, but they were all true stories, so they made me fall to pieces.


So, what was the most emotional scene from a book that you can remember?




18 comments:

  1. I've actually never read Of Mice and Men. But I know those types of cries. There have been a couple of books to make me do that!

    Old GFC Follower, new Bloglovin'

    My FF

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really sad! I didn't cry, but I know what you mean. :(

    New GFC follower!
    Here's my FF.
    Facebook Page: Link

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading his one my freshman year in high school and yeah I remember what happens :(

    old follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I'm yet to read this book :D

    Here's my Feature & Follow

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so far behind in that there are so many classic books that I never got a chance to read. Judging from my shelves, I won't get to them anytime soon either. If I ever did get around to reading them, this one would probably top my list. Thanks for visiting my FF. New follower.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble For YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to read all those classics, especially when there are so many awesome new books out there! We can't possibly keep up! The movie is good as well and follows pretty well to the book!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. It's been years since I've read it. Good choice. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I haven't read Of Mice and Men. It wasn't assigned in school. I should read more classics.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very sad book, it was assigned to me in Eighth grade, I haven't read it since. You could always watch the movie, it is close to the book!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Great pick -- haven't read it in so long but I remember it being so sad!

    Old follower via Bloglovin and GFC

    My FF

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah! Of Mice and Men! SO powerful! Great answer. I especially appreciate you revealing it was an ugly snot cry. New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I haven't thought about this one in a long time. I haven't read the book, but I did see the movie and it was so, so emotional. Great choice. Thank you very much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You dug deep for that one! I don't know why I don't think of books like Of Mice and Men from school. Good answer.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, if you are like me there are so many current books that pull on the heart strings, sometimes it is hard to remember these oldie but goodies! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Following you. :) Love this Feature Friday thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not read it, I feel so uncultured haha
    I'm an old GFC follower, new Bloglovin follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Danielle! thanks for hopping through and following :)
    here to return the favor! I still have a list of John Steinbeck on my TBR but I'm glad to hear the constant great opinions! The one war story that made me tear up was All Quiet on the Western Front! New follower

    Aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete