Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodi Ashton


Everbound (Everneath, #2)
*Cover and Synopsis from Goodreads

Synopsis:
Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity — a debt that should’ve been hers. She’s living a borrowed life, and she doesn’t know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.

Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.

Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they’d anticipated — and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack — even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.

In this enthralling sequel to Everneath, Brodi Ashton tests the bonds of destiny and explores the lengths we’ll go to for the ones we love.

Helpful Links: Goodreads | Amazon  | Website

My Review: 5 Must Devour

Picking up right where Everneath left off we are quickly reminded of Nikki's loss and troubled heart. Nikki will do anything to right the wrong that occurred when Jack took her place in the Everneath--anything. Determined to save Jack from serving her sentence Nikki begs Cole to take her to the Everneath to save the one she loves. And Cole being the sneaky and dark bad boy has his own agenda, but decides to take Nikki to the Everneath, out of the goodness of his heart. As they travel the Everneath they discover that there are many sinister things hiding in the dark. 

As soon as I began Everbound I was reminded of why I felt so deeply for Jack and Nikki, of why I was rooting for them. They have the love that fairy tales are made of. The self-sacrificing kind. 

And I think that is why I love this story so much, it is a love story in the truest sense of the word. Oh, sure it has fantasy, but love is in its roots. In Everneath I fell in love with Jack and his never ceasing love for Nikki. 

But in Everbound, I began to fall for the dark side--Cole. They always say that the dark side is alluring, well if going to the dark side involves Cole; well then bring it on! I thoroughly enjoyed this read as I was quickly swept up in everything Cole. Finally Brodi Ashton gave us a taste of Cole's world, and what a taste it was. The Everneath is definitely a fickle beast and you never really know what's going to happen as you travel through its many layers. I was wrapped up in Brodi Ashton's ability to not only tell a story, but to paint a picture; as I imagined I was traveling through the Everneath. 

I have to admit that I got a little irriatated with Nikki in Everbound, as I did not agree with some of her choices and actions throughout the book. If you have already read the book then you know exactly what I'm talking about; and if you haven't well then you should read it already! So, Nikki irritated me while Cole entranced me. 

Cole is definitely an interesting character and I can honestly say that he is constantly surprising me. I never really know what to expect from him and I absolutely love it!! It really keeps me on my toes, and what Brodi Ashton does at the end of the book well, let's just say that I freaked out. I remember hunching over my book as I read the last few pages saying--No Freaking Way! I couldn't believe it--did Brodi Ashton seriously just do that? I am pretty sure I know where Cole get's his many layers.....

In a love story so deep that one would travel to the depths of hell in the name of love, Brodi Ashton definitely out does herself with Everbound. So if you haven't already read this book or Everneath then you need to get out and do that--NOW! And I for one can't wait to see what Brodi Ashton cooks up for us next in Everneath #3 (no actual title yet).

Favorite Character Moment:

"He grinned and shook his head. " You know what. You're looking at my hair like an addict at a crack carnival." (Hardcover, p. 110).

This is just one of the many parts with Cole that I love. This shows just one of his many layers! Have to say that I love all the layers shown so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment