Friday, March 8, 2013

Feature and Follow #10

8474595901 873f4993f4 Feature & Follow #139


What is Feature and Follow you ask? Why it is this fabulous meme that connects bloggers to other bloggers all while increasing our following. Hosted by two very talented bloggers: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read make sure you join in on the fun and put your name in the linky!

What is a book you didn't like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn't popular?

Before I begin I am just going to say that there are a lot of books out there that I didn't like, but everyone else did. I don't know why exactly, maybe it was the hype surrounding the books, but for whatever reason I just didn't get into them.

*Grabs helmet and ducks down behind desk*

First, there was Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzaane Collins. I loved The Hunger Games, but I was more than unimpressed with the two follow-ups in the series. Then there is Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Host by Stephanie Meyer and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.

While I honestly tried to like these books I just couldn't and all my friends looked at me like I had grown a second head. I think I am going to stop there before anyone throws something at me.

So are there any books that you didn't like that everyone else did? Or books that you loved and no one else did? Share it here!

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow!!! and I'm glad i wasn't alone with the Hunger Games. I also didn't like The Host at all!!

    Michelle
    http://love2readalways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't like The Host! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. New follower!

    A lot of people seem to be worried about being beaten to death for their answers, hehe.

    While I liked most of the books you listed... I can absolutely understand why people wouldn't like them.

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday-139.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,

      Yeah I was worried...all the movies on my list are really popular so I definitely kept my head down.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Oh that's so funny! I actually prefer Catching Fire in the series - that one is my favorite :D I like most of the ones you listed that you don't LOL I won't throw anything at you though I promise. I am always a weird little duck too not liking some that others rave about. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. New GFC follower!

    Link to my FF: http://soulfictionreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/03/my-first-feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Hunger Games movie but I've not read the books. I'll have to disagree with you about The Host lol- I love it!
    Although I've seen a lot of people say they didn't like Divergent.
    I'm a new GFC follower, here's my FF at Rookie Romance

    ReplyDelete