Top Ten Tuesday is an incredibly awesome meme created by The Broke and the Bookish join the fun!
Top Ten Bookish Memories
There are so many bookish memories that I don't know if I will be able to narrow it down to 10 or even remember them all, but I will definitely give it my best shot. In no particular order.....
1. Reading There's a Wocket in My Pocket by Dr. Suess over and over to my oldest son when he was a toddler. It was his absolute favorite book and all he wanted was for me to read it. Over and over and over again! I read that book so many times I think I could read it in a matter of 20 seconds. And I just couldn't say no. Hearing that little please just melted my heart. It got me every time.
2. Reading Harry Potter for the first time! Now I will say that when I first discovered this series I was in no way a teen or child, but an adult. Convinced by my friend that this was the best series since ever I decided to read it and I was quickly put under J.K. Rowling's spell. I never looked back and have now read them all about 6 times.....each!
3. Attending the Midnight release of Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix at Barnes and Noble with my two oldest boys, my sister, husband, and brother-in-law. We had so much fun making wands, drinking butterbeer, and taking pictures as Harry. It was great to see my boys swept up in the magic of it all.
4. Sharing The Monster at the End of This Book with all 5 of my boys. This was my favorite book to read to my kids. I always get really into it and tell the story with Grover's voice. By the end of the book my voice is barely there and is cracking and my children are laughing so hard they have tears running down there face. That right there is priceless! Pure reading gold!!
5. Discovering Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels for the first time was a pretty incredible experience. I don't think a book has ever made me laugh so hard. Seriously I laughed so hard I cried. And it would happen in almost every book.
6. Discovering What Was I Scared Of? by Dr. Seuss with my children. We collect Dr. Seuss books and I picked this one up because I had never heard of it. When we got home I read it and immediately fell in love. It was cute and funny. I asked my 3 year old if I could read it to him he agreed, so I did. And when my 5 year old and 7 year old cam home I asked them if they too wanted me to read it. Of course they did. Amusing their mother! By the end of the day I think I had read that story 10 times. I was probably more fascinated by the story than my kids, but they amused me and let me read it to them as many times as I wanted!!
7. Reading Pride and Prejudice and falling in love with Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy.
8. Sharing my love of books with my kids. Now my kids don't love reading as much as I do, but they do love to talk to me about books. And they love hearing about my latest book joys often sharing in my joy and excitement. Due to all my rambling and excitement about the books I love my second oldest son has now started one of my favorite series The Protector Series by M.R. Merrick. And I am happy to say he is as in love as I am!
9. Starting my blog and being able to share my joy with people who have similar passions and not having them mock me, but join in on my squeal-ish delight!
10. Meeting fabulous authors, bloggers, and people of the blogging community. Since I started blogging I have met some of the kindest, funniest and most generous people. They share not only my passion for books but they put up with my randomness, weirdness and all around fangirl-ish-ness (I know not a word) and allow me to stalk them...I mean befriend them!!
So, do you have any favorite bookish memories? Share them here!
"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."