Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review: Opal (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal (Lux, #3)
*Cover and Synopsis from Goodreads
Synopsis:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
Helpful Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Website

My Review: 5 Must Devour

Okay I am pretty sure it is obvious by now that I am a fan of the Lux series. And Opal is definitely no different. To say that I was enamored with this book would be putting it mildly.

Picking themselves up after being dealt a devastating blow Katy and Daemon are even more determined than ever to do anything to make sure that their family stays whole. And together with the help of those close they set out to take back their family. As plans are set they put their trust in one who was once an enemy, determined to right a wrong. And Katy and Daemon are even more determined not to lose each other.

With every book we see incredible growth in both of the main characters Katy and Daemon. But in Opal we are given a bigger glimpse at some of the side characters. And we get to see a much different side of Dee. But I wish there was more of Dawson. His story unravels slowly in Opal, and we certainly know what makes him tick and what his hearts desire, but I want more. And of course, we get to see more of another character and let me just say that this person is beyond creepy......if you've read this then you definitely know who I am talking about. And well if you haven't then go out and read it!

Katy becomes more confidant in herself and Daemon's love for her and is determined more than ever to show that she can stand by his side. I can say honestly that I did not find myself yelling at Katy or wanting to smack her like I did in previous books. And Daemon, no longer the jerk from Obsidian is now tender hearted and determined to show Katy how much he loves her always remaining true as the fierce protector of the one's he loves. I have to say that the story of Katy and Daemon is definitely one of those stories that I will carry with me forever and will read over and over.

The story was one that I found completely fascinating as Jennifer Armentrout gives us a much bigger glimpse into the secret world that surrounds Katy and Daemon. I think that Jennifer Armentrout has a beautiful way of layering the story so that nothing is revealed until it fits the story perfectly and nothing in the story is unneeded. But every detail, character movement, every word is beautifully writtern and causes you to fall even more in love with her amazing world.

Opal definitely has it all, action, suspense, adventure, magic and lots of alien hotness! The story will definitely take you for a ride that you didn't even know you wanted to take, will leave you begging for more, and will make you scream to the heavens!! It is a story so full of emotion that I swear my heart broke when I realized it was over. Jennifer Armentrout definitely left me tortured with the incredible cliffhanger that left me breathless and made me cuss like a sailor.

So if you haven't already dived into the incredible world of Daemon and Katy then all I can say is run don't walk to your kindle, amazon, bookstore and do whatever it takes to get your hands on this series!!

Favorite Character Moment:

"I know you're good inside. You're warmth and light and everything I don't deserve, but you--you believe that I deserve you." (kindle, loc. 5969).
Okay there are a billion reasons why I chose this particular line, but the main reason is because I think it really shows how much Daemon has grown throughout this series. From jerk to kind hearted. This shows a lighter side to the fierce warrior we all know and love. Hey what can I say, I am a hopeless romantic!

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time." 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Pam, I really hope you get the time to read Opal, it is by far my favorite. They just keep getting better! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. This is one of my most favorite series! I stumbled upon it last summer and became obsessed and now have all of my book chums hooked.

    ReplyDelete