Already my year is off to a rocky start as I brought in the new year with a cold and sparkling apple cider that tasted amazingly similar to what I imagine carbonated pickle juice would taste like, thanks to those fantastic little NyQuil pills my taste buds were totally off. Anyway, I am still sick, but for the most part I am out of my head, or the sickness is anyways. Those that know me, will testify that I am always a little out of my head as in I am a little off or weird!! But I say whatever...own it....let your freak flag fly or whatever.
So with my little run in with that nasty little cold I was in no frame of mind to write or decide upon my goals for 2013. And now I can say I am not sure it really had anything to do with the cold. You see I am not much of a goal person. What I like to do rather is decide upon what I want to accomplish then just manage to do it. I don't really think of it as a goal, just something I want to do, I don't necessarily line up ways to accomplish said tasks, I just manage to work it out in my mind. But as this is a new year and I am trying to turn over a new leaf and make my blog better I have decided to try these little things that you people call 'goals' a try. So here it goes my so-called goals for the year 2013........In no certain order.......
1. Blog More.......and by blog more I don't mean more fluff and necessarily every day. Although I would love to blog every day, but with being a Graduate student, a wife and a mother of 5 I just don't want to turn my blogging into stress, so I want to blog more, but keep it stress free. And I want to Blog more about some of my favorite content. Especially characters. I want to see what else I can do with Character Time. I also hope to bring you more of my weirdness and show you a little more of me, even if it means I scare some of you off. But I really think it is necessary, so expect more of my life to appear across the screen, I know scary. But don't say I didn't warn you. :)
2. Do more food posts......currently my blog mostly consists of book posts, and don't get me wrong I love it, as I love books and everything that they have to offer, but I also love food and have an equal desire to share that with you as well. And as I really don't think I could maintain two separate blogs I am just going to have to make it work here, even if it means multiple posts in one day! Originally I was going to set certain days for food posts, but then I decided I didn't like the feeling of having to post something on certain days, I already tried that and hated it!!
3. Take more risks......by risks I mean, I want to crawl out from my little hide-y hole and risk reaching out to some of my favorite authors, for something other than just telling them I reviewed or loved their book, but maybe a guest post too. I already bother, stalk, irritate, pester......a couple of authors, pretty sure you know who you are, but I want to take it further and invite them to do stuff on the blog. Now I just have to get up some gusto and ask.
4. Create an environment I love.....I don't currently love my blog design. It really doesn't fit me. But eventually I hope to create an environment on the blog that I absolutely love to be in, so much so that maybe I won't want to leave, and maybe then you won't want to either. I also want to get more comfortable with HTML, as currently I am practically scared of it. You see, technology doesn't really like me, so whenever I 'play' with it, I usually get bit, hard! But I am going to swallow my fear and learn a few things and hopefully.......live to tell the tale and have a better blog because of it!!
5. Share.....Now this will probably be the hardest for me as I am incredibly afraid of failure, but I declare to share with you, lovely blogging community some things that I have been working on. You see I have been playing with a story for some time now, actually not just playing, writing. I am well into this piece and you see I have no intention of doing anything with it, other than finishing it, hopefully. But my family and friends really think that I should go forth and publish my said crazy little idea. Of course I think they are all crazy as I think I am talent-less and couldn't tell a story if my life depended on it, but that is neither here or there; in honor of my family and those that believe in me 100%, for some un-gosh-ly reason, I plan on posting a prequel to my story here on my blog. Now I will not give you an exact date, but will only say expect it before the end of 2013. Hopefully by then I will have grown some metaphorical balls as they say.
So there you have it, my so-called goals for 2013, you know that wasn't so bad, but now comes the real hard part.......accomplishing them!! Well wish me luck, and tell me what you think. Do you have any goals for 2013?????
"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."