Monday, December 24, 2012

Top 10 Books of 2012

 

Okay I have to admit that I am really excited for this week long event. I know that many of these lists will be hard, but I love a challenge. Anyway....the first list of 2012 is a tough one: The Best Books I've Read in 2012!!! There were so many amazing and wonderful books that I've read this year that I couldn't possibly pick just 10, so read on and find out how I narrowed down my list!!

                                                                                
For my first choice I obviously cheated......since I found this series this year, and absolutely fell in love with this series there was no way I was going to pick just one for my list. This series offers amazing world building, incredible characters, action, and emotional rides and I couldn't possible pick one so I decided to share all 3!! These books belong on my favorite shelf as I have read all of them more than once and I know they will continue to bring me awesome adventure and an escape from my world for many years to come.


Here again I am cheating and combining this series together as I discovered all of them this year as well. I loved the originality of this series, the amazing descriptions, easy to love characters and incredible action! I can't believe I only discovered this series this year and I know that this will continue to be one of my favorites!


This is another wonderful series I discovered this year! I found the story of Cat to be completely refreshing and undeniably addicting! This series does such a great job entwining you into the story! Can't wait for more of this series!! 


I absolutely love this book! I love the series too, but this book just absolutely blew me away when I read it! I have always had a spot in my heart for witches and this book reminded me why. It also reminded me why one should never trifle with a witch!! 


I haven't read too many books where mind readers were the focus and I have to say that this book definitely brought and interesting perspective to the idea of mind readers! The power felt so raw and it was so easy to get lost in the story as Cameron tried to figure out where she fit in this world! 


I really enjoyed this series as it brought a different take to the whole light versus dark and good versus evil. It really gave me a story I could get lost in and characters I could seriously cheer for. This book had me wrapped in its clutches until I had the entire series devoured and still left me wanting more!


This book is so full of adventure and heart stopping moments as the lead character Logan races against time and his past! An amazing thrill ride that promises to deliver you to the edge of your seat!! I really don't know what else to say besides WOW! 


I fell in love with this book early on this year, and found that I was quickly swept up in its emotional tale. As Gemma struggles to discover a past that haunts her. A great adventure that is told with a great amount of detail. 


I have a soft spot for books that involve the FBI and this book more than delivered on that love! Such a gripping and vivid story that made me feel like I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds and left me wanting more!


I just recently discovered this story and am honestly kicking myself in the butt for not reading it sooner. I am absolutely in love with everything about this story. It is dark, funny, and seriously reminds me of why I am glad I am not in High School anymore!! It offers everything I love about the supernatural with vampires, hunters, shape shifters, witches, and zombies!

Well there you have it folks! My Top 10 of 2012.....well sort of!! I know I cheated, but really what do you expect when I have read so many incredible adventures that left me laughing, cheering, crying and desperate for more!! 

So what books made your list??

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

1 comment:

  1. I've had a copy of The Mind Readers for the longest time! If it made your favorites list I should probably check it out sometime soon.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopianv

    ReplyDelete