Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Flight From Blithmore Book Review



Synopsis from Goodreads:

Henry Vestin is neither a fearless adventurer nor a daring swordsman, he’s a master carpenter who only wants to marry Isabelle Oslan. Isabelle's father, however, will stop at nothing to prevent their marriage. When her father's plotting attracts the interest of a king and an emperor, Henry mounts a heroic rescue which makes himself, Isabelle, and their friends the most wanted criminals in the land of Blithmore. Embarking on a daunting journey to flee his country and escape execution, Henry discovers he must become more than a carpenter. He must learn to lead when friendships are tested, to have strength when spirits are broken, and to press onward when he has nothing left but love.

FLIGHT FROM BLITHMORE is the first volume of THE STORYTELLER'S TALE, an epic adventure series about bravery and cowardice, loyalty and betrayal, escapes, battles, and lots of mayhem.

My Review: 5-Must Devour

First I want to thank author C.A. Kunz for this book. I won this book through one of their giveaways!

I will admit, that I was a little apprehensive to read this book, despite having loved Jacob Gowans other 2 books. This book is very different from his other two books, but I knew that I would read it one day. And now that I have, I can honestly say that I wish I had read it sooner. The writing in this book proved to be as good as his other books with the story wrapping around me like a cocoon. And I very much wanted to stay in that cocoon until I finished the book.

This is a story of true love. And the lengths and depths that one will go to be with their one and only. I am a hopeless romantic and absolutely go all sappy for this kind of story, but usually in a movie; this is not usually my type of book, but I was pleasantly surprised with how easy I attached myself to the characters. There are plenty of characters to love and characters to hate, and of course those you love to hate. 

In a time where noble's marry noble's, a young master carpenter, Henry, and Isabelle the daughter of a nobleman push the limits of this rule with her father; a money hungry nobleman. But her father will do anything to keep them apart. And I mean anything. (Can't tell you what that is, so don't ask). But Henry and his best friend Ruther have a plan. A plan that makes them and those loyal to their cause the most wanted people by both a king and an emperor. 

In a tale where love and friendships are tested, lines are drawn and battles fought you will find yourself lost in their story and loyal to their plight. 

Favorite Character Moment:
This moment does not come from my favorite character, but it is one of the best character growths I have ever read. Once you read it you will understand :)

"Now was the moment Brandol had prepared himself for since seeing the dog. Of all things Ruther had taught him, one thing stuck in Brandol's mind: "Never stop performing."" (Kindle, p. 379)

Links to find Flight From Blithmore:
GoodreadsAmazon

No comments:

Post a Comment