So today is day 1 of the Top 10 of 2013 hosted by Rachel @ Fiktshun, Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books, Lisa @ A Life Bound By Books, and Mindy @ Magical Urban Fantasy Reads! Join this event and share all the bookish awesomeness from 2013.
It is always hard to pick my favorite things and when people ask me to do it I experience a brief moment of panic so imagine my panic when I found out the topic for the 1st day of the event? Oh that's right I haven't told you the topic yet. Well then allow me to share my panic with you. Today we have to pick the Best Books we've Read in 2013. I know impossible right?! Exactly what I said, especially when you have read as many amazing books as I have!
But alas, I had to do it. I had to reduce my list of blow my mind books to 10! Of course there are a few honorable mentions because I couldn't bear to leave them out!
1. Endure (Protector Series #4) by M.R. Merrick my all time favorite book of the year!!! Yea no surprise I know :)
2. Inferno (Chronicles of Nick #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon was yet again an absolute blast to read! Great laugh and great fun!
3. Semblance (The Midnight Society #1) by Logan Patricks. I only just finished reading this book a couple of days ago, but I can't stop thinking about this freaking book and how amazing it was! Seriously need to read this!
4. City of Scars (The Skullborn Trilogy #1) by Steven Montano. Amazing worlds, amazing action, amazing fantasy. Need I say more?
5. Sweet Escape (Sweet Series #2) by Bailey Ardisone. Great fantasy story about elves and magic! Yummy, hot elves! Hello, this book gave my Mycah and Rydan!!!
6. Mythology (Mythology #1) by Helen Boswell the beginning of the series that gave me a demon that makes being dark so delicious in the form of Micah!
7. Wings of Arian (Solus #1) by Devri Walls. Actually this is more like the entire series. Magic, shape shifters, book boyfriends, Oh my!
8. Songs from the Phenomenal Nothing by Steven Luna was gut wrenching and yes, phenomenal!
9. Never Let You Fall (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook #1) by Michelle G. Miller even though I read this book in June I still think about Xander and the world of Tyalbrook. I need the next one!!!!
10. Option to Kill (Nathan McBride #3) by Andrew Peterson....BOOM! Um, can I you say non-stop action, suspense, and thrills??
And just a few honorable mentions.....
Inborn (The Sagas of Di'Ghon #1) by J. Lawrence great fantasy, great world building and dragons!
Miss Me Not by Tiffany King this book left me an emotional mess and is an absolute must read! But really this applies to everything that Tiffany King writes, she can rip your heart out with just a few words!
Well there you have it, my top 10....or 12 Best reads of 2013. Technically there are way more than that, but I had to stop myself before my list turned into 50 or more :)
So, what books make your list this year? Do we have any in common?