Hello and welcome back to my second stop during this wonderful event of getting to know new to me authors!!! Well not just new to me, but new to many of you as well.
Today I am lucky to have Jess Haines, author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance and best known for her H&W Investigations Series, a series that involves some kick butt females, other equally awesome characters, werewolves and vampires! Yea sounds like a series for me that is for sure!!
~About the Author~
Jess Haines is best known for the H&W Investigations urban fantasy series about a private investigator, Shiarra Waynest. Shia is a human woman who lives in an alternate, present-day New York. Sometimes she picks up an extra boost from one of her friends—like the snarky, sentient belt that helps her hunt vampires—but underneath it all, she’s like you and me. No mind-reading, no zombie-raising, no super strength/speed/stamina—and, like anyone would expect, when she’s forced to deal with Others (supernaturals), it scares the bejeezus out of her. Dragged into the supernatural messes of sexy vampires, ferocious werewolves, and cunning magi, all Shiarra wants is to keep her private investigations business afloat.
Unfortunately for her, the Others want more.
You can learn more about Shiarra and the rest of her friends in the first book, HUNTED BY THE OTHERS (link: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/17364), or catch up with her latest adventures in the fifth book, FORSAKEN BY THE OTHERS (link: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/22607).
So over the last couple of weeks I had the great pleasure of getting to know Jess Haines, who I have to say is absolutely delightful and fun and guess what, today is not just her stop on the Not so Secret Santa event, but today is her Birthday!!!!!
*Photo grom FreeDigitalPhotos.net
That's right Jess has agreed to spend her birthday here with all of you awesome people and since it is her day I am giving her full reign of the blog, where Jess has decided to share Ten of her favorite things with you, so grab yourself a slice of cake (or a cupcake), sit back and enjoy the list!
My Top Ten Favorite Things
By Jess Haines
Hello there! Jess Haines here. I write urban fantasy and occasionally dabble in paranormal romance. Danielle asked me to swing by for this Not So Secret Santa exchange to go over a top ten list, and I thought it might be fun to share some of my favorite things. Sadly, I’m not talented enough to put this list to “These Are A Few of My Favorite Things,” but I hope you’ll get a kick out of it anyway.
Since today is my birthday and we’re so close to Christmas, I thought it might be fun to share a mix of things I enjoy. Be sure to stick around until the end of the post for a special giveaway!
Without further ado…
My Top Ten Favorite Things
10) Chocolate. Okay, this is a no-brainer. I’m particularly fond of truffles, bacon chocolate (yes, this is a thing [link: http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars]), and white chocolate.
*Yeller note: Um, yes please! Anything with chocolate is a must, and bacon??? Hell yes!
9) Coffee. Need I say more?
8) Hiking. I love exploring new places! Sometimes I’ll take pictures or narrate these adventures. For example, the time I went to the abandoned Griffith Park Zoo [link: http://jesshaines.com/blog/2013/03/25/hiking-in-the-abandoned-griffith-park-zoo/] in Los Angeles.
7) Computers. I’ll readily admit it, I’m a nerd. I used to fix computers as a hobby, and sometimes to make a little extra money on the side. I’ve built my own gaming machines half a dozen times or more. It’s been a while since the last time I built a computer from the ground up, but it’s still something I enjoy doing.
6) Renaissance Faires. Remember that part where I said I was a nerd? I wasn’t kidding. Yes, I dress up for the ren faire. I’ve got everything from swords to corsets to capes for my costumes.
5) Table-top RPGs (Role-Playing Games). Some of my favorites include AD&D (Dungeons & Dragons), Vampire: the Masquerade, and the Serenity RPG. While I enjoy RPGs in general, as I played online ones like EverQuest and World of Warcraft, getting a good group together for a weekly game is an experience like no other.
4) Reptiles. I have a deep and abiding love for scaly critters. Alas, a long time ago, my fully grown male iguana decided to go for a stroll while I was cleaning his cage. When my herpetophobic mom found him staring up at her while she was about to sit on the toilet, that was the end of my budding career as a herpetologist.
3) On a similar note, dragons. Giant, flying lizards with fire breath, magic, and a treasure hoard? Sign me up!
*Yeller note: Oh, oh me too!
2) Vampires. Books, movies, artwork, jewelry, clothing—if it has something to do with vamps, you can be sure I’m interested. Though I prefer the ones that don’t sparkle anywhere save for that wicked gleam in their eye and the hint of moonlight shining off a fang.
And last, but certainly not least…
1) Books! I love to read. I’ve got a tremendous collection of paper and electronic books. The feel and smell of them is only part of the charm. Nothing beats cracking open a new book you’ve been looking forward to or reaching “The End” on a story that moved you in a way you didn’t expect.
Thanks again for having me over, Danielle! I hope you enjoyed my list.
*Yeller note: That is a great list and it ended with my favorite thing....BOOKS!!! Sounds like the perfect list, thank you so much for stopping by Jess and Happy Birthday, I hope you get some of your favorite things for your birthday! (Good luck with the move)
Readers, tell me in the comments—what are some of your favorite things? Do you share any from my list?
Make sure you check out the H&W Investigations Series
And now for not one, but two Giveaways!!!
1) Choice of Book 1 or Book 5 of H&W Investigations Paperback (US Only)
2) Choice of Book 1 or Book 5 of H&W Investigations Paperback (International Only)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
And the Second Giveaway............
1 of 2 $10 Amazon Gift Cards