Monday, April 1, 2013

Character Time #8: Willy





So what is Character Time? Character Time is a bi-weekly feature created by Danielle at Consuming Worlds to spotlight favorite characters. 

Why did I create Character Time? I love characters and have a tendency to have rather strong feelings toward them in one way or another. For me characters are what often drives a book. I don't think you can have a good story without good characters and vice versa. And there is nothing I like more than a character that I can imagine vividly in my mind. One that I can laugh with, laugh at, scream at, or even cry with. 

The idea of Character Time is to spotlight a character from either a book you are currently reading or a book that you have read in the past. You can either love this character, hate them, loathe them, like them or any of the other feelings one may have. You then write a post spotlighting this character. Why you love, hate, loathe, or whatever them and why? This can include links, pictures or whatever you need to explain why you feel the way you feel. 

Note: These characters can be any characters, i.e., main characters, hero/heroine, villain, creature and so on.

If you need any help here are the Character Time's I have done in the past (before I created the feature): Character Time Posts

Character Time


Want to participate? Then just add your name and URL in the Linky below and grab the badge!

My Character Time: Willy from M.R. Merrick

Lately I have been thinking a lot about this specific character. As most of you already know I am a huge fan of The Protector Series by M.R. Merrick, currently he is working on the fourth and final book of the series Endure, of course I can't wait to get my hands on it, but until I do I have the amazing characters of this series to keep me company. 

Characters like Willy the stuttering demon that just so happens to be Chase Williams best friend. When you first meet Willy he is timid, insecure, bullied, and would rather blend in with the background--literally; and he did a pretty good job of it until he met Chase, that is. 

Once he met Chase he was no longer able to just blend in. You see, trouble sort of follows Chase everywhere he goes, and unfortunately for Willy, that trouble does not discriminate. Chase's trouble becomes Willy's trouble. You figure most people would be mad about this, but not Willy.Yea he hates the crap that he has been through, and trust me he has been through some intense crap. But it is not in him to hold a grudge, that's not the kind of person he is. 

Oh sure, Willy may be a timid, insecure, stuttering demon who is almost afraid of his own shadow, but when it comes to those he calls friends, he is fiercely loyal. He is one of those friends that you know will always have your back, no matter how bad the trouble or how big the risk to his own life. Even when he knows that nothing good will come out of it, he stands by his friends side. Why? Because his friend needs him. 

In the time since Willy met Chase not only has his life been turned upside down, but he has been threatened on more than one occasion, by more than one person. But that trouble also helps Willy grow. By the time we see him in Release (The protector #3) Willy is no longer just a timid, stuttering demon. But a strong, loyal, friend who learns to stand on his own, isn't afraid to stand up to his enemies, but more importantly, isn't afraid to stand up to his friends. 

Willy is one of my all time favorite characters, a character that makes me laugh, makes me feel, and unfortunately, one that makes me cry. Willy is one of those characters that at first you want to pity, you want to save, but later you discover that he's the one saving you. It is pretty hard to put all that Willy is into words, he is just an all around great characters and something tells me I'm not done crying for this character just yet. 

If you haven't already checked out this incredible series, then what are you waiting for? This series is definitely one not to be missed. With incredibly loyal friends like Willy how can you not read this series? 

Here's where you can find them: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Smashwords | Website


No comments:

Post a Comment