Sunday, April 12, 2015

With a Heavy Heart: An Announcement

Hello awesome reader peeps! It is with a heavy heart that I am writing this post today. After almost 3 years of blogging about one of my favorite things in the entire world, I am closing down the blog.

It pains me to say that I'm done. That I will no longer be posting about my favorite books or authors, but that doesn't mean that I won't be reading and supporting those authors. It just means that I'm going to do it in a different capacity.

Over the last year I have had less and less time to dedicate to my blog and I have noticed my desire to actually blog dropping with every day. I no longer think about how I can use my blog to encourage people to read my favorite books. Instead my blog sits on my shoulders like a burden. And that's not what this was meant to be. This was meant to be a place where I could share my love of books and authors, a place that I wanted to go, a place where I cold express myself. It was never meant to be work. And unfortunately that's what it has become for me.

I want to be happy blogging, so I am going to step back. Close down Consuming Worlds and focus on my author blog. Currently all of my blogs suffer because I don't have time to do either. Since becoming an author, I have had less and less time to dedicate to writing reviews, promoting authors, and just general blogging. I have always taken breaks in blogging, but lately those breaks have gotten longer and longer. And I just don't want to do it anymore. It's not fair to you, the reader, or the authors I love and promote.

Of course, I will still be here for a while as I have tour engagements to uphold as well as review requests to complete. But you will see less and less of me on this blog over the next couple of months. From here on out when I blog it will be on my author site. Where yes I will still promote authors, review books, and chat.

If you are an author that I have promoted in the past, please continue to think of me when releasing your latest book. I will still be around for beta reading, reviews, and promotions. It will just be over here.... The Danielle Young

I promise I won't fade into the background. I will still be here, reading, reviewing, writing. Hopefully more writing. It is time to focus on being an author and supporting authors in that capacity. Time to put my focus where I can hopefully do the most good.

Will it work the way I want? Who knows. Will I ever come back to Consuming Worlds? Again, who knows. I may get sappy and decide to give it another go. Only time will tell. But for now, it's over.

As of now, the fist week of June will be the last month for this blog. Make sure you stick around over the next couple of months though, I will have some great tour stops on the blog and will be promoting some great books. Plus I plan on putting together a giveaway to say goodbye.

So stick around.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I'll miss stopping by but I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss it too. Guess we will have to move it to Twitter or Facebook. I will be here for another month, so there is that. :)
      Thanks for all the support over the years.

      Delete