Okay, here's the deal...
We all love books (well, most of us do...that is one of the reasons for our blogs, right?).
They make us laugh, get angry, smile, and cry.
We hate the characters...or quite the opposite, fall head over heels in love with them.
All this means is that not only do we love the story...we love the Authors that write them, right? *looks around at all the nodding heads*
Sometimes, we forget how much work goes into the finished product. Coming up with an idea AND getting it out in a coherent order are just the tip of the iceberg. We, as readers, know that we get to enjoy the final result...the book!
Not only do we get to enjoy the story, but being a book blogger gives us certain advantages. How many of you have gotten sneak peeks into a "work in progress"? Or been a Beta reader, where you receive a free copy of the book before its release? Yeah...me too...
As a blogger what better way to show our appreciation for the Authors in our lives by promoting them and their books/stories for others to read. We write reviews, we post blogs, we toss links up on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest! Anything to get them and their book names out there...
This leads me to the point of this post...during the holidays we get wrapped up (he he he...get it...wrapped up...wrapping paper...) in our own lives and sometimes forget about other things that are important. Like helping our Author friends earn more readers!
Stephanie from The Book Hipster and I were throwing around an idea for an exchange of sorts and here is what we've come up with:
The "Not so Secret Santa: A Blogger / Author Exchange"...
Please feel free to grab the image and post it in your side bar and share it across the web!
Wanna know how it works? Sure you do! Otherwise you wouldn't be here...
1. Fill out form below (see below...ha ha ha!) give us your name, plus the name and contact email for two indie authors (one as a regular choice and one as a backup just in case) you'd like to see spotlighted on a blog post. (NOW - December 1st)
2. Stephanie and/or Myself will contact said Authors to see if they would be interested in taking part in our little "exchange". (December 2nd - 7th)
3. All Bloggers names will go in one hat and Authors in another...we'll pull names and pair you up! Preferably with someone you've not read before... (December 8th)
4. Bloggers and Authors will "meet" and decide how you the Blogger will spotlight the Author (Interview, Random Fact List, Book Review, Guest Post, Book Excerpt, etc). (December 9th - 14th)
5. Each day a different post will go live, spotlighting a different Author (maybe more than one if we have enough people)! (December 15th - 24th)
Sounds like fun, huh? I think so and can't wait to see which Author I'm paired up with...how about you?
Remember...this is YOUR time to tell the world why this Author FREAKING ROCKS! Join in on the fun and get to know an author you might have otherwise never have known!
Happy Early Holidays to all you Bloggers!
The Book Hipster and Consuming Worlds