Top Ten Tuesday is an incredibly awesome meme created by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers and readers share their top ten's about all things bookish! Don't be shy......join the fun!
It has been a while since I have participated in a Top Ten Tuesday, but when I saw this topic I knew that I had to jump on board. There are so many authors out there that it is easy for great authors to go unnoticed, but with topics like this we get to shine the light on these wonderful gems. My problem will be keeping it to just 10 :)
1. M.R. Merrick~ Okay you all knew that this was coming! But let me just say that if I haven't convinced you to check out his Protector Series yet then you really need to get off your duff and do it already. Allow me to plead my case, M.R. Merrick is an author who not only writes incredible fantasy novels, creates amazing characters, but also happens to be a pretty kick butt person. There is a reason he is my number 1 go to author. M.R. Merrick writes with so much power and emotion that you can't help but feel his soul as it is splayed across the page. Seriously! Check him out here: Website
2. Nikki Jefford~ Nikki Jefford is one of those fabulous authors that has the ability to give her readers strong female characters that seem genuine and real while also taking you on a wonderful adventure full of magic or vampires. Plus she happens to be one of the nicest people that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Though I haven't met her in person, I hope to some day. She is one of those genuine authors that writes a story for the joy of writing and it comes across in her words. Check her out here: Website
3. Steven Montano~ Steven Montano is one those great unknown authors that has this great ability to deliver you to incredibly dark places that also happen to have gruesome and cruel creatures all the while leaving traces of hope throughout his stories. Though his stories are dark and gruesome, Steven Montano couldn't be farther from it. He is another one of those awesome authors that I have had the pleasure to meet, virtually, and I just have to let you know that he is absolutely hysterical, and incredibly kind. Make sure you check him out here: Website
4. Steven Luna~ What can I say about Steven Luna? Well he is this amazing author who has the uncanny ability to write about life in the most unexpected ways. Whether it is from the POV of a vampire, an angel, or even a christmas elf, he manages to weave a tale that not only will make you laugh, but will make you think about life as you know it. And he is just as funny in real life. Well as real as my life get's, virtually. Steven Luna is another author that you need to know. Especially if you want to laugh out loud. See his website here: Website
5. Devri Walls~ Devri Walls is another one of those amazing authors that is kind hearted and awesome to know and talk to. Her books are amazing and give you wonderful magic, amazing worlds and love. She knows how to write a story that carries you away to another time making you feel like you truly are a part of the tale. Check her out here: Website
6. Benjamin Wallace~ Want an author who can make you bust out laughing, and I don't mean just a laugh, I mean an all out snort laughter? Well this is the author for you. Benjamin Wallace is one of those authors that manages to deliver non-stop action with non-stop laughter with success. He tells stories from the husband's perspective and does it with an amazing flare. Seriously this is one author you have to know. Plus he is just as awesome in person. Down to earth and will keep you in laughter! Check him out here: Website
7. Inger Inversen~ Inger is one of these authors that is not only sweet and kind, but has the ability to spin the tale of the vampire in a whole new way. She has captivated my heart with her tale of forbidden love. She supports bloggers, readers and other authors and can always be counted on. She is definitely someone you should meet. Check her out: Website
8. Tiffany King~ If you don't know Tiffany King yet, then you should. She is amazingly sweet and kind in real life. And is great at telling a story that will tug at your heart strings and will leave you in tears. Well at least she does to me. But her stories are amazing and ones that you definitely need to read. Check her out here: Website
9. Andrew Peterson~ Andrew Peterson is the author of the Nathan McBride Series that never fails to deliver incredible action, thrills, suspense, with amazing believability. His character faces insurmountable odds with phenomenal and deathly skill. Check him out here: Website
10. J. Lawrence~ J. Lawrence wrote this great book called Inborn that quickly swept me up in its magic. He is this wonderful small time author that is just starting out, is quiet and incredibly kind. He immediately had me wrapped up in his wonderful ability to spin a tale that was both real and full of magic. You definitely need to check. Check him out here: Website
Of course all authors deserve recognition, but these are just those that I absolutely fangirl over!!!
So, who are the authors you think need more recognition?