Thursday, May 23, 2013

Review: Miss Me Not by Tiffany King


Miss Me Not
*Cover and Synopsis from Goodreads

Synopsis:
Miss Me Not is a beautiful story of self-discovery, forgiveness, caring, and love.

Madison Hanson's past demons have given her a shadow of an existence with little hope. With the sudden tragic death of a fellow student, Madison questions her own life choices, and is now forced to evaluate everything she thought she believed in. When fate intervenes and partners her with Dean Jackson, a popular "all around good guy" from school, Madison gets a glimpse of a life that is filled with sunshine that has the power to break through the darkness she has cloaked herself in.
With Dean's help, Madison discovers a desire to finally step out of the shadows, and embrace life and all its gifts.
Helpful Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Website

My Review

Okay I am going to admit it, I don't normally read these kind of books. By that I mean books about life, real life. I like my "life" to be buried under the paranormal and fantasy, I usually find that books like this are often too real.

And I will admit that there were times that Miss Me Not was almost too real for me. Suicide has touched my life in a very personal and scary way and to read a book that directly involved the idea of suicide scared me. But I loved it. I loved every freaking minute of it. Yes, the story was real, but it was real in a way that allowed me to escape in it. Tiffany King does such a wonderful job of telling Madison's story that I could have sworn she was a girl I went to High School with.

I absolutely adored Madison. I loved her incredible depth and got completely lost on her outlook of the world, it was so believable. Her pain, her struggles, her life just completely enveloped me. She was a character I wanted to save. I cheered for her, felt sorry for her, felt pain for her and was afraid for her. Within the first chapter of the book you think you have a general idea of where this story is going, and you may be right. You may figure out exactly how this story is going to end before you ever find the end of the rainbow, but there is one thing you won't know, and that's the story of why Madison is the way she is. The reasons behind her bleak outlook on life and the reasons she would rather just be a shadow. Those are things that you don't know until Tiffany King wants you to know. Oh sure, she gives you little crumbs along the way, but only enough to keep you heading on the path to the pot of gold.

In Miss Me Not we have Madison, who looks at the world as a darkness that she would love to disappear in, and then you have her exact opposite with Dean. Dean is everything that Madison is not, popular, good student, happy, has a good life, has a great family, and has loads of friends. Dean is the sun while Madison is the shadows that make up the darkness. That is until Dean crosses her path. Dean is definitely one of those characters that you want in your life. I am still reeling over him. He is now the second character I love with the name Dean, quickly making that name one of my favorite all time character names!

Miss Me Not is a wonderfully refreshing story. It is a story about regret, struggles, love, triumph and life. Miss Me Not was so raw and heartfelt that I cried silent tears through most of the story. It is so hypnotically written that it immediately put me under it's spell!

Miss Me Not is a story not to be missed, even if you are afraid of those real life stories, like me. This one will make you change your mind, this one will leave you reaching for the sun in your life, and will remind you of what it is like to hope. Yes, Miss Me Not is all of those things. But most importantly, it is a story about hope! An undying hope and what it means to have someone who brings light to your darkness and accepts you no matter your shady past.

If you haven't already picked up Miss Me Not then make sure you do so now!



"The amazing thing about love was that when you didn't have it, the word seemed impossible to use, but when you were surrounded by it, it was as easy to as as breathing." (kindle, loc. 3387).

This is just one of the many heartfelt moments in this book. But it is a moment that I think rings so very true!


No comments:

Post a Comment