Monday, September 17, 2012

Nutella Chocolate Mousse

I wasn't originally going to post this recipe, but after a few requests for the recipe, I decided what the heck! But first I need to make sure that everyone is aware that when I cook I don't usually measure. I am much more of an eyeball it kind of girl. The only time I measure is when I am baking cookies or something I have no idea how to make and I have to actually follow a recipe. Normally I just make it up, even if I am baking, so keep that in mind when you read the recipe that follows. That being said, I do promise however that this recipe is amazing. My entire family loved it, including my husband who usually doesn't enjoy chocolate. So without further rambling here is the recipe for the following yumminess!!

Nutella Chocolate Mousse
Yield: 7 individual servings

1 small container of Nutella (not sure of the ounces because I used about half of a large jar)
2-2.5 Cups of heavy whipping cream
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Sliced Strawberries

First, place a metal or stainless steel bowl and whisk or beaters in the freezer. While those are chilling, place Nutella in a microwave safe ceramic or glass bowl, (don't use plastic, glass or ceramic is better for heat distribution); I use the microwave because I am too lazy to use a double broiler, but if you prefer more control over the melting of your chocolate please use one. I started melting mine at 1 minute and stirred it about half way through. You don't want to burn your chocolate so make sure you stir, keep in mind when Nutella melts it will not be super runny like most chocolate. Just melt it until you can stream chocolate off your spoon. Once it is melted set aside to cool.

In chilled stainless steel bowl whisk heavy whipping cream and sugar. This will take a while, I suggest the use of a mixer, but if you are looking for a work out use a hand whisk. Once you see the cream thickening up, add vanilla, mix until blended. This is a good point to stop and taste your whipped cream. I don't particularly like a sweet cream for my mousse the chocolate is sweet enough, but if you desire a sweeter taste this is a good time to add a little more sugar. Continue mixing until your cream forms relatively stiff peaks. Meaning that when you pull out the beater the cream should stand up, or if you stick your finger or spoon tip in the cream the whole will remain. Add about 1/4 of the chocolate to the cream and fold in, until blended. (Do not stir because your cream will turn to liquid.) Continue to add cream folding until mousse reaches the desired chocolate flavor. Spoon into individual bowls and chill in the fridge for about an hour. Remove from fridge, top with favorite fresh fruit and DEVOUR!!

Happy eating :))))

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is one of my favorites :) And I love that it is so easy!

    ReplyDelete