Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dirk Pitt (Character Time #1)


For my first character time I decided to focus on one of my all time favorite book characters to get things started off with a bang. So without further ado, I give you my first character star from the great author Clive Cussler........Dirk Pitt.

Why do I love Dirk? Well, let me tell just some of the reasons why he is an awesome character!!

Dirk is one of those characters, who if he were in a movie, on TV or Broadway would steal the show, and that's what he does in his books. Even with all the suspense, excitement and predicaments that Clive Cussler creates, I can't help but wonder what will good ol' Dirk do next?

He is incredibly unpredictable, except when it comes to rescuing damsels in distress and taking down the bad guy. Loyal to his job, the sea and those he calls friends, he will do anything to protect them; even if it means he has to pay the ultimate price-his life!

You see Dirk is not afraid to die, oh no, he is the type of person who would welcome death especially if it came defending his country, honor or sea. His lifelong friend Al Giordino says that Dirk would "spit in the eye of the devil." He never backs down from a fight, even if it's not his, he is incredibly intelligent, sharp as a tack and funny to boot. He is as laid back as a surfer, but can most definitely blend in with Washington's elite. He's Indiana Jones, meets James Bond meets McGayver. He is the all around guy you want in your corner, men want to be him and women want to be with him....he is Clive Cussler's best character.....Dirk Pitt!!

Check out the link below to see Clive Cussler's collection of Dirk Pitt novels.
http://clive-cussler-books.com/html/DirkPitt_AdventureSeries.htm


If you have any suggestions for character time please let me know the name of the character and the name of at least one book I can find them in. Who knows your favorite character could be next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment