Recently I was nominated for this thing called the Liebster Award, now I have to admit that I have never heard of such a thing in my two years of blogging, but when I looked it up and saw what it was all about I was more than a little excited and more than happy to participate. First I want to thank Freya over at The Reading Warrior for nominating me.
And now bear with me as I attempt to answer the 11 questions that Freya has so kindly left for me. *rubs hands*
Oh and did I mention that this means that I can now nominate blogs to follow in my steps??? Oh yea, this is going to be fun. If I nominate you, here's what you need to do, if you choose to participate.
*Answer the questions I leave for you.
*Link back to the person that nominated you (that's me)
*Nominate bloggers that have less than 200 followers
*Provide nominees with 11 questions of your choice
*Inform your nominees
*Provide them with a link to your post with your questions.
Ready? Here we go. My answers to Freya's questions...
1) In Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling, in order to cast a patronus charm you have to think of a happy memory. What is the happiest memory you can think of?
Oh, that's a hard one because I can easily think of 6. The day I married my husband and best friend and the day that each of my beautiful boys were born. So, yup. That's my answer. Yes I may have cheated a little.
2) What would your weapon of choice be?
Nice question! I love the topic of weapons. If I had to pick, which you are making me do, I would have to go with the Katana. Only the coolest and most lethal of the swords. I don't know what it is about that weapon, but it makes me want to be all ninja. Hey maybe I could use it in the kitchen? Probably not a good idea. I would probably loose a limb.
3) Going back to Harry Potter there is a magical creature called a boggart. When you see the boggart it takes the form of the thing you fear the most. What would the boggart look like to you and why?
Yikes! Man that could be so many things. As a mom, my fears have increased to frightening levels. In this case I am a lot like Mrs. Weasley. I would see the bodies of my children. I think that is every mothers fear. Too lose a child. Needless to say I'm glad they only exist in the magical world of Harry Potter.
4) Are there any genres of book that you usually stay away from? What are they?
As much as I like to think that I can read anything, I really don't like to read Erotica. And I have to say that I am not a huge fan of Historical Romance either. But I will try anything once. Especially if it is an author I love.
5) If your favorite book could be adapted into anything (film, graphic novel, TV show, musical, etc.) what would it be and why?
This question just isn't fair. There are too many amazing books out there. Gah! You're killing me here. I'm going to sort of cheat here. I'm going to give you two series that I would die to see on the screen. Either TV or film. The first is The Protector Series by M.R. Merrick. That was one of the first Indie series I ever read. It sent me into this amazing world of blogging and Indie. Plus the story is just freaking fabulous! To see that world on screen would be simply amazing.
Second I am going to go with The Skullborn Trilogy by Steven Montano. I can see this being a show on Sci-Fi some day. And it would be epic to see his magical worlds and creepy creatures come to life week after week. It would blow my mind, seriously.
6) Dreamcast for a book you love.
Yea, don't think I could do that. I can tell you who I would want to play my favorite character in one of my all time favorite books though. But that's all you are going to get.
In the above question I said I would love to see The Protector Series made into a movie. In that movie I would love to see Bradley James play the main character Chase Williams. As for the other characters well... he's the one that really matters :D
7) Are there certain places you like to read?
I prefer to read on the couch. I know I'm boring. But what can I say. I like it when I can relax into my soft couch with a good book and a soda.
8) What are your main hobbies?
You mean besides reading?? Um, well I love to cook and bake and I am a little more than obsessed with cupcakes so that's one hobby. I love to play video games, preferably first person shooters that give me the opportunity to blow things up. I also love to draw. I don't get to do it that often anymore, but it has always been one of my loves. And I also like to write. I recently published my first novel Guided.
9) Hobbies you don't have, but are dying to try?
I can't play music. But I have always wanted to learn to play the piano. Piano music sings to my soul and I would love for someone to teach me how to tickle the ivories.
10) Which magical creature would you want as a pet? Why?
Er... I think I'm going to say Dragon on this one. Come on who wouldn't want a dragon. I really don't think there is any need for an explanation on that one.
11) Would you travel in space or in time?
I think I would rather travel in time. I have always wanted to visit my favorite era's. Besides at least I would know what to expect if I went into the past.
Wow, that was hard. Now for my nominations.
1) Stephanie at The Book Hipster
2) Lou at Relaxed Reads
3) Michelle at In Libris Veritas
4) Jasmine at Book Groupies
And now for my questions...
1) What is one thing that your readers don't know about you?
2) If you could live in any book, what would it be and why?
3) Are you a dreamer or a realist? Why?
4) What is your idea of the perfect day?
5) Name your favorite book boyfriend? And tell me why he is your favorite. Make me want to discover him. (that sounds dirty, doesn't it? Er, you know what I mean)
6) If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?
7) If I were to go to your house and look at your book shelf. What would I see on it? (which books, nick nacks, pictures...)
8) Do you snack while you read? If so, what is your snack of choice?
9) Would you rather watch sports or play sports?
10) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and with whom?
11) Your favorite show to binge watch?
Well there you have it folks, you ready to play?